Seasons of Change

I have been the Director of Parenting Programs/Parenting Programs Coordinator for about year and a half at Life Choices.

Working at Life Choices has filled my life in more ways than I can count. 
I have learned what it means to lead.
I have learned to offer my help.
I have learned what it means to love on other people. To simply exist in my position in order to show them something brighter.
I have learned to show more grace than I ever imagined I was capable of.
I have learned that your co-workers can be like your second family. 
I have learned that volunteers are more valuable and selfless than I thought possible.
I have learned that SO many people will serve God with their finances to support something they so strongly believe in.


Before I started at LCCM, I didn't think I was a good enough person or a good enough christian to work there. I legitimately said those exact words to an old friend of mine. But. I accepted the position and it has forever changed me.

Accepting this position at Life Choices was the first step of obedience I have ever taken in my life, apart of Benjamin. 

Obedience to God's Will has been so incredible. Not easy. But incredible. 
My life has been blessed beyond belief. 
Its all I want for the rest of my days. 
I wish I were exaggerating, but Im not. 
I truly believe that I was able to get through the hardest days because I knew I was being obedient. 
I believe that I was able to work at a pregnancy resource center as a woman trying to conceive because God blessed my obedience and gave me peace throughout my time there.

A few months ago, I felt a whisper from the Holy Spirit. God was calling us to move. 
Now, if you know me, you know how much I have hated the idea of Grand Rapids since I was old enough to comprehend that it is a city. 

I kept getting this feeling that we should move to Grand Rapids. I fought it. Tooth and NAIL, I fought it. 

I told a volunteer recently that I feel like Jonah and Grand Rapids is my Nineveh. I know that's obviously dramatic, but it's the best depiction I can give you. Thats how much I feared moving there. That is how much I fear change.

Grand Rapids terrifies me on so many levels. 
Its huge and legitimately full of people and I am a small town girl (not just saying that - I really am). 
It has crazy traffic (S curves and multiple left turn lanes) and I can't even turn left onto Mission Street. 
I would have to leave my friends and family. My coworkers who have become both of which to me. I would have to leave my comfort zone. We would have to leave our church. The church that has helped grow our faith so immensely.

But theres this peace, you guys. This overwhelming peace that I feel when think of moving. This peace that God has a plan for me and if I am obedient and move, His Will can be done in my life. Not just in my life but maybe in the lives of those around me? Who knows. He's got the plans. Not me.

Its so strange to explain.

Anyway. The process has begun.

I have told my bosses and a couple of volunteers (its been a crazy week in Mid Michigan weather-wise so I havent seen everyone to tell them yet) and now Im sharing it with the world wide stinking web.

We are told that He goes ahead of us in our walk and we are just doing what we can to follow in His steps. We are moving to Grand Rapids. I'm not sure when. I'm not sure why. But we are. 

There is peace, some excitement, and at times a touch of anxiety in this constructed chaos. 
Leaving the place that I have grown to love so deeply that is filled with staff and volunteers who not only love me but love everyone who walks into our doors, is going to be nothing short of gut wrenching. 

But we are trying to live in obedience. So we pray and continue forward. No matter the obstacles. 

Please keep us in your prayers. That we find the housing God wants for us. That we find a church just as Christ-filled as the one we will be leaving. 
But mostly, please pray that we find peace and discernment every step of the way.


Comments

Popular Posts