Mother's Day Round 5 (I think?)



Today was my first Mothers Day without tears since this journey to parenthood began almost six years ago.

I have received messages from friends today telling me how they were thinking of me and praying for me today and YA'LL...

I have had so much peace.

Ever since we have moved to GR, it has felt like infertility was left behind in Mid Michigan.
God knew how much our marriage and I needed a break from infertility.

I'm not exaggerating, you guys.
Here's a few TMI details:

I was ovulating when I was in the hospital for my infection (tooth extraction) and not a single tear was shed over a "wasted ovulation cycle". It sounds ridiculous, I know. But like a broken record, again, infertility makes you ridiculous.

I got news of a few people close to me in the past month or so that are expecting a little one...
No tears. Only happiness for them! THATS A NEW THING FOR ME. It felt so good.

I started my period the day before Mothers Day...
No tears. I just decided to focus on my mom this year. You know. The best woman on the face of the planet.

God's peace is so incredibly overwhelming.

What I am trying to say is:
I love each and every one of you for caring so deeply and for your love and empathy for my struggle with infertility. It is so moving to know that people care and see me during the hard times.

But DANGGG. When you pray and pray for peace... God provides, and His peace truly is sufficient.

If you are struggling with infertility, know that eventually the pain really does fade.
You really do start to look around and notice the blessings around you.
There is a light at the end of this dark, dark tunnel.
There is hope for peace, friends.


Comments

Popular Posts